Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Quick and easy: No boiling water or stovetop needed.
- Perfect results: Every egg comes out perfectly cooked, with no cracked shells or underdone whites.
- Easy to peel: The high heat creates steam inside the egg, making the shell easy to remove.
- Versatile: Use these eggs in salads, sandwiches, deviled eggs, and more.
- 4 large eggs
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper (optional)
- Place the eggs in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Set the air fryer to 250°F (120°C) and cook for 15 minutes for softer yolks or 17 minutes for firmer yolks.
- Immediately transfer the eggs to an ice bath to stop the cooking process.
- Peel the eggs under cold water.
- Slice and serve the eggs with salt and pepper, or use them in your favorite recipes.
- Store unpeeled hard-boiled eggs in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
- Store peeled hard-boiled eggs in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Meal Prep Tip
- Make a batch of hard-boiled eggs on the weekend and have them ready to go for quick breakfasts, lunches, or snacks throughout the week.
What to Do with Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
- Add them to your favorite salad.
- Mash them for a protein-packed sandwich filling.
- Serve them with toasted bread for a simple breakfast.
- Make deviled eggs.
- Tongs: The best way to remove the eggs from the air fryer basket.
- Air Fryer: I use the Ninja Foodi 5-in-1 Indoor Grill.
- Large Bowl: I love this set because it comes with every size you could ever need, but they all nest together so they don’t take up a lot of space.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Don’t skip the cold water bath. This step is essential for stopping the cooking process and making the eggs easier to peel.
- Experiment with cooking times. Depending on your air fryer and personal preferences, you may need to adjust the cooking time.
- Remove the eggs carefully. Use tongs to remove the eggs from the air fryer basket.
- Adjust for your air fryer. Some air fryers, like the Ninja, won’t cook as low as 250°F (120°C). If this is the case, set your air fryer to its lowest temperature and subtract a few minutes from the cooking time.